Friday, January 14, 2011

Ray...what can I say.




  A very nice photo by Mark Whiteley...of a very nice human being, Ray Barbee.  What can I say about Ray?  Ray is as genuine as they come.  The first time I met Ray was at a skateboard trade show in Long Beach, CA.  He was smiling from ear to ear watching the high ollie challenge contest. I walked up and introduced myself just to say hi. It ended up being a hour long conversation about skateboarding, life and God. When I came up with the idea to make a skate culture documentary, Ray was the first to encourage me to do it.  Ray is a gifted skateboarder, musician and now photographer. People are always drawn to Ray's peaceful personality and genuine spirit. Where does that come from? Well, if you ask Ray, he will tell you. It comes from the Author of Life...God. See Ray has always been a nice guy... but Ray came to a point in his life where he searched for real truth...in a world of all these religions, philosophies and mindsets. He asked, "Who really holds the truth?" He really wanted to find true truth in this life. He will tell you what he found...he found the one true answer to life. He found it in the Bible... he came to the realization that God is a real God (the God of the Bible). He found that Jesus wasn't just some nice guy that walked the earth...but that He was truly the Son of God, that came to this earth to seek and to save that which was lost. You and me. I have been blessed to call Ray my friend. He has been a great encouragement to me and I will be forever grateful.  He will be one of the guys featured in my up coming film documentary "Woven." www.wovenskatefilm.com 

May you to search out real truth, in this crazy world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment