Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rippers that pioneered the flip trickers.

  Skateboarding has been a big part of my life. If someone would have asked me when I was 15..."Are you going to be skating when your 37?" I would probably have said bluntly "Yeah man!" But, inside thought "Oh man, thats going to be a bummer when I'm 37 and I can't skateboard anymore." Well, time has shown that there is no age limits in skateboarding. Here I am at the age of 37, married with 4 kids and still have skateboarding in my life. It's funny. My buddy Bob and I always joke about it...now we have kids with skateboards. I do not skate as much as I use too and that's ok. A reality check always hits now a days. I'm not 17 anymore and shredding the streets, but hey at least I'm rolling! I thank God for that.

  Over the past 24+ years since I have been skateboarding, it has been rad to watch the progression...from 1987 til now. Here are few of the dudes of 1987 that pioneered the Chris Cole's and the Andrew Reynold's of today. Know your skate history boys...


Mark Gonzales

Natas Kaupas

Neil Blender

Jesse Martinez

 
Tommy Guerrero

Enjoy skateboarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment